Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Digital life event

Last Friday, I visited the digital life expo. Crazy crowd with games, was really trying to figure out where the future is heading. Took me years back, when I was playing for hours with these car simulators or the sport games, basketball, Olympic games etc. When I was a kid, was so crazy with my first Atari and my friend's Amiga 5000, old days! Impressed from some TV screens, a very cool light camera and had a chance to look closer at some cell phones, especially Nokia that they had an amazing resolution to watch TV or movies and not only. Besides that, I didnt get any innovation vibe and even the high technology didnt inspire me at all.
.
My expectations were more to check out digital devices, smart devices for the next generation residence that definitely is not all about games. A robot from iRobot with a camera that could run several tasks as a household 'servant' was my highlight, but still an old technology and it was in a box, not even demo. Lastly a guy was remotely controlling a huge techie bee with some noisy wings that was flying and suddenly ended up to somebody's head, really funny!

-E

No comments: